AW: AW: How do you handle the poor performance of LC 7?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 13:01:31 EDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 2:06 AM, Dave Kilroy <dave at applicationinsight.com>
wrote:

> I say 'in general' because v7 seems to be more fragile than earlier
> versions
> because sometimes when I hit an error in my code the IDE becomes sluggish
> afterwards

"becomes" sluggish????

Mine *starts* with a 2s or so delay to switch panes in the editor . . .

> (when this happens I quit and restart LiveCode and everything is
> fine) - but apart from that I can't remember the last time the IDE
> crashed/froze on me. It starts very quick on my systems (Yosemite & Win7) -
> but not quite as quick as older versions...

I get at least a couple of IDE crashes on any given day of writing.
Sometimes, I can see it becoming less stable (e.g., when clicking for red
dots reads 2-4 lines off) and quit.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462