recursionlimit mystery!

Bruce Pokras bruceap at comcast.net
Sun Jul 26 20:43:22 EDT 2015

Update: this is bug report 15602. The response from the Livecode folks is that 7.0.x is using 16-bit numbers for the recursionlimit property, so Jacque hit the nail on the head. However, in 6.x.x they were using 32-bit numbers, so my setting a very high recursion limit actually did have an effect. They confirm that this is a bug. No promise on the timing of a fix, though.