Drawing a Graphice Segment

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 09:14:39 EDT 2015

Someone else pointed out that if you set up the name of the objects that
are allowed to hilite so that they're named similarly, you can filter out
anything you don't want to hilite

In the example I saw that someone did, they had added something like this..

if not (the short name of grc i contains "Oval") then next repeat
Put the line right after the beginning of the repeat loop.

Or name your segments "Pie 1" *Pie 2" etc, keep track of the number of
segments and then cycle through that way rather than all grc's in the list.

Or keep an array of created pie segments and their data and use that for
your check (as was done in the game academy)

If you remove the small loop I had that made sure to back up the default
color of a segment (since uColor is set up during your object creation)
 you can check for the existence of uColor in the grc and "next repeat" if
it doesn't exist, unless other grcs on your page have uColor of course.

There are lots of ways (that are all basically the same) to have it ignore
graphics that you want to ignore.