Best practise for a quiz control?

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Jul 28 11:59:30 EDT 2015

I was just thinking about an alternative to modal processing, because I have a stack I want to be modal just so I can interrupt the flow of the calling program. However, if I throw an error while modal, say a database connection error which I occassionally get because I am using an iffy wireless router, I cannot interact with the debugger.

What I was thinking is having a toggle variable that contains something like “pre” or “post”. The handler that calls the stack would have two sections. One “if pModal is ‘pre’" the other “else — if pModal is “post”.

Now in the calling openStack handler I would get the object that opened the stack and the handler that opened it. Once done, I would send the handler with the arguement “post” in time, then close the stack. I can pass data back and forth with the dialogData.

Using this method I can avoid the issues that come with calling a stack as modal, especially during development. I could also have the advantage of calling multiple stacks “pseudo-modally” without the stacks interfering with each other.

Bob S