LiveCode and SQLite performance

Michael Doub mikedoub at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 15:07:43 EDT 2015

First off, I want to thank all of you that have given me suggestions.
It really is appreciated.   Here is the update.

I backed up all of my data to an external drive and did a complete
re-installation of the OS, then resorted the data.   The first few tests
of the database were fine, but after waiting a few hrs and trying again
I saw the long open time again.  At this point I exported all of the
data to csv file and to sql file.    I recreated the database file with
a table where I definitely specified the ID as primary key.   I imported
the csv data.  I tried importing the sql but I aborted the process after
an hour, as the progress was really poor.  The csv import was done in
under a minute.   Now open times are a consistent 7 seconds with the
load of the entire database into a variable is 4 seconds.   I did all of
this last night and I am seeing the same behavior this afternoon.

So my take on this is that I did have a systems issue that was slowing
things down, but I also think that the database was not configured
correctly initially.

Anyway, I am operational again.   And thanks again for your kind help.

-= Mike