Best practise for a quiz control?

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Fri Jul 24 05:52:32 EDT 2015

> I am not sure, what my loop will be doing, while I opened modal the
> answer
> window? Will the loop wait for the user answer in the modal window in
> both
> above cases, or is the modal window completely independent from the
> loop and
> the loop runs on? How can I hold my loop waiting for the user action in
> the
> modal window?

When you 'modal' a stack, the modal command will block the current
script until the dialog closes. (e.g. You have an OK / Cancel button
which do 'close this stack').

Note that messages *are* dispatched whilst this blocking occurs -
otherwise events wouldn't get processed so you wouldn't have any user
interaction.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps