Underscore uncomment bug in OSX

Jerry Jensen jhj at jhj.com
Thu Jul 23 17:20:04 EDT 2015

> On Jul 23, 2015, at 6:00 AM, Robert Brenstein <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:
>
> On 22.07.2015 at 17:55 Uhr -0700 Jerry Jensen apparently wrote:
>> Thanks for the suggestion, Robert.
>>
>> Yep - two different wired Apple keyboards (with and without numeric keypad) plugged directly into the MacBookPro or into a Thunderblt monitor. Also checked the System Preferences Keyboard pane - no joy. This also happened with some former MacBookPros. When I have a chance, I'll configure a virgin minimal system to try.
>> .Jerry
>
> Is that an American keyboard? On some national keyboard layouts, one has to press the shift key to produce the underscore itself.

Yes, a standard American English keyboard. Two different models and the internal keyboard of a MacBookPro.
Some more things its not:
Font in LC Prefs (set to Default 12 or 16)
For sure not a customized shortcut in System Prefs Keyboard pane.
Its not this physical hardware. I made a virgin Mavericks LC 6.7.6 external disk that works fine.
It also works fine on another iMac here with Mavericks and LC 5.5.4.
Its not something lurking in old "My RunRev" folders (now trashed).

Anybody have more suggestions? I have a lot of old stuff on this computer - being a packrat I never throw anything away unless it bites me. How about removing LC Preferences? I forget where they are . . .
.Jerry