shell() question

David Bovill david at viral.academy
Thu Jul 23 03:28:47 EDT 2015

Well I found one - though I'm not sure it is strictly legal:

  put "<some text" into $LIVECODEVAR
>   put shell ("echo $LIVECODEVAR | shellThing -q")

which is great. I don't "think" this pollutes the environment, as AFAIK
shell() is in it's own space (like opening a tab in the terminal) - but are
there any issues?

I'd like to try writing to a process - as I think you can do the equivalent
of shell with a commandline tool. Does anyone have an example - and can
explain "elevated" process - the docs are a bit sparse. Is elevated like
sudo?