list field not getting arrowkey msg

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 11:36:44 EDT 2015

When I add
      select line lineNbr of me
or
      select before line lineNbr of me
right after
      set the hilitedline of me to lineNbr
in my mouseup handler, it makes no difference. Arrowkeys up and down still do nothing. Not sure what you mean when you say that an insertion point of some type is necessary, since this is a field with listbehavior = true and it never has an insertion point, just a hilitedline.

And, I repeat, I have an equivalent list field in another stack with the same properties that works fine with the arrowkeys to change the hilitedline with no "select line x" or other work-around needed, ie, it works the way list fields are supposed to work: just click on the field to hilite a line, then arrowkey up or down to change the hilitedline.

Still a mystery. I may need to delete the field and replace it with a copy of my working field from the other stack, then alter the script to work in the problematic stack.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig