Visual Studio, anyone?

Andrew Kluthe andrew at ctech.me
Tue Jul 21 09:11:16 EDT 2015

Visual Studio Code is a lightweight editor for os x, linux, and windows.

It's based on the technology used to make Atom editor and is meant to be a
cross-platform, lightweight editor geared towards node.js, typescript, and
the new ASP.NET cross-platform stuff.

The new ASP.net is a total rewrite of ASP from the ground up and can run on
linux and osx. So they needed an editor (not full blown IDE) on these
platforms geared specifically for it.

It also has git interface baked in like Atom.

Not a bad little editor for being MS and so new. The Javascript
intellisense is incredible and better than full blown visual studio imo.