Odd behavior in Win8-I'm stuck fixing it, Help??

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Sun Jul 19 18:43:00 EDT 2015

Mark:
Keeping in mind that the info I got was from my teacher/collaborator, Sabina Thomas, and her info was during an online video chat with one of her students in Japan, what I understand is that the pixellation showed up after opening the MAP part of the application, doing a profile plot, then plotting Quakes from the “Select Data To Be Plotted” dropdown menu. That’s the information I have.

I hope you don’t waste too much time on this because there is so little available information to help in debugging the situation. At this point, my solution is to try to get as many folks as possible to try it on Win8, and if the problem occurs again, beg, pay, whatever to get them to provide more detailed information about their computer and its settings. I think if you have any hunches or WIn8 idiosyncrasy info that could affect this, I could explore that further, but …..

I’m reluctant to bug Sabina’s student further about this. BUT, I am wondering if there is an app she might download that could send me information about her computer, that would help. Just thinking aloud. She might be willing to do that.

Thanks for looking at this. I really appreciate it.
Best,
Bill