Filing Bugs is so hard - bugzilla is buggy

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Jul 18 15:00:20 EDT 2015

Mark Wieder wrote:

 > On 07/17/2015 03:19 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >
 >> Bugzilla is a current project, used by thousands of sites.
 >
 > Sad but true.

Some pretty nice projects on this list, including KDE and LibreOffice:
https://www.bugzilla.org/installation-list/

(And yes, I recently submitted LC to be included there).

I used to find it annoying, but after the last two modifications the
team put into place I've grown to like it.

 > Are there limitations to what can be attached to an LC bug report?
 > I've been trying to attach valgrind output to bug 15617 investigating
 > why LC7 is so slow on linux, and bugzilla helpfully just stares at
 > me.
 > Doesn't matter if it's gzipped or not.

If it's because of the file size that should be an adjustable setting.
Hopefully your note in that report will prompt them to raise it.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems