Before and after Livecode

David Bovill david at viral.academy
Sat Jul 18 02:47:26 EDT 2015

Has anyone been using the "before" and "after" handlers in Livecode? If so
what for?

I'm very impressed with them. Together with chain-able behaviors I this we
have some great opportunities for code collaboration without the usual name
space collisions you get with global libraries.

If anyone has any pointers to documentation / architectures that can help
structure these features - that would be great. I've been using MVC type
architectures for a while - dispatching messages from one layer to another
- but it seems that I can do much of the same by routing behaviors, and
using the "before" and "after" features.

I'm not quite sure what to call these message path patterns - are clear
there equivalents in other coding paradigms?