Release 6.7.7 RC 1 / 7.1.0 DP 1

Sebastien Nouat sebastien.nouat at livecode.com
Fri Jul 17 05:50:35 EDT 2015

Dear List Members,

We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 6.7.7 RC 1 and 7.1.0
DP 1. Up to that point, LiveCode 6.7 and LiveCode 7.0 maintenance
versions have been kept in synchronisation, to make the link between the
bug fixes easier; but with the introduction of new features in LiveCode
7, the new release is no longer a maintenance release, and has a new
version number: LiveCode 7.1

Nonetheless, all the bugs fixed in LiveCode 6.7.7 onwards will continue
to be merged up into LiveCode 7.1, following the former fashion.

**6.7.7 RC 1**
6.7.7 RC 1 is a maintenance release which contains bug fixes; the list
can be found in the Release Notes.

**7.1.0 DP 1**
7.1.0 DP 1 is a development release which contains bug fixes and the
introduction of new features: the ability to use sockets on mobile
platforms, and the function /mobileLaunchData/.

More explanations about the new features can be found in the Release
Notes, in the Engine Changes section.

*Getting the Release*
To get the release please download the installer directly at:
http://downloads.livecode.com
*

***6.7.7 RC 2 / 7.1.0 DP 2* *
The release of the next builds is planned to be done in the course of
next week. In case the new features are not bringing any issue in the
engine, the next release for LiveCode 7.1.0 will be 7.1.0 RC 1.

You can follow our release schedule on our GitHub repository
<https://github.com/runrev/livecode/milestones>.

Warm regards,

The LiveCode Team