[BUG] HTMLText <H5> incorrectly converted

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jul 15 14:10:18 EDT 2015

On 7/15/2015 12:21 AM, Kay C Lan wrote:
> Mark indicated that <H5> has always converted to italics and so
> has closed the report. No I don't know if 'always' means always for
> Revolution, always back to MetaCard, always back to HyperCard or always for
> xTalk languages. So I'm just wondering if anyone here would know the
> history about this and why only <H5> has been singled out to appear
> differently in LC than it does in a Browser.

I doesn't go back to HyperCard, since HC had no native html
capabilities. It does go back to MetaCard, and I vaguely recall some of
the header level tags being italic back then. I suspect this was
modelled on the most common browser interpretations at the time, which
has changed quite a bit since then. It's been, what, 20 years?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com