Custom Ask File Dialogs

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Sat Jul 11 09:53:00 EDT 2015

On Jul 11, 2015 9:36 AM, "Richard Gaskin" <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
wrote:

> For the "answer file" command LiveCode uses the OS-provided dialog on all
platforms.

> ... and their custom dialog looks especially bad on OS X or Windows where
it was never designed to be used.

> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Systems
>  Software Design and Development for the Desktop, Mobile, and the Web
>  Ambassador at FourthWorld.com                http://www.FourthWorld.com

In my earliest experience with LiveCode, aka Revolution 1.1.1, we were
using it on the irix variant of unix.  Our users were so accustomed to the
file dialogs that when we migrated to Windows, I enabled the UNIX file
selector to ease their painful transition.  Eventually, like 3 years later,
I turned it off and went native.  They were not pleased, but adapted anyway.

~Roger