Diesel is down

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jul 10 15:03:22 EDT 2015

Richmond wrote:

 > Face facts, RunRev's web system: servers, web-pages are totally
 > compromised at present

To say the web pages are "compromised" normally suggests the site was
hacked, and intruders have control of it.  I haven't seen anything like
that.

What evidence have you seen of that?

Or did you mean to write something else?

 > It is pretty telling that RunRev are NOT making any sort of obvious
 > effort to keep us informed about what is going one

A few of us have mentioned this almost daily.  Do you read the
use-livecode list?

 > (if they are doing anything beyond sitting in Edinburgh and
 > dithering in the hope that things will just go away)

Of course not, as I've written before.  But since your strong opinions
on this certainly aren't merely random bad manners, could you kindly
share with us the benefit of your experience and let us know what you'd
recommend they do?

 > I don't know what is going on

No argument here.  ;)

 > . . . blame DDoS attacks if you want

Seems a reasonable thing do to when faced with a DDoS attack.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems