Unusual list spam - caution

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Jul 10 14:21:38 EDT 2015

I'm not sure what this means but it probably deserves a heads-up. I
received three emails today that appeared to be replies to the three
list posts I made yesterday. They were all from the same person, whose
name I do not recognize. The entire text of the message was:

     This registration used a hijacked email address!

followed by a quoted copy of my post. There was no other text.

When I first saw these on my Android tablet they each included an
enclosure of different lengths. That was the tip-off to check the
headers, since this list does not allow enclosures. The headers of a
real list mail include "on-rev.com", these had no mention of the on-rev
domain. They all came from a private user domain via Quest.

I then retrieved the email on my Mac and there are no enclosures listed
for any of the three. I'm not sure where they went, I didn't open them.
They may have been copies of the quoted posts but I'm not sure.

At any rate, something odd is going on so keep an eye out.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com