Best way to check if a Field is a label?

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 22:47:39 EDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 3:27 AM, Peter W A Wood <peterwawood at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I’m trying to find the best way to clear all the fields in which data can
> be entered on a card. At the moment I use this code:

Situation dependent, of course, but I have sections with things like

switch

case fldNam="Label Field"

case char 1 to 4 of fldNam="lbl_"

case char 1 to 4 of fldNam = "ctr_" --nondata control fields

--it's not a live field
next repeat
break

end switch

thee are in one-time loops when the version number changes.  At the end of
the loop, a custom property with the "live" fields is set, so

on close field

if fldNam is among the words of the datFields of this card

--do something

Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462