How can I strip away formatting from an RTF file?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed Jul 8 13:31:53 EDT 2015

On Jul 8, 2015, at 11:24 AM, Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I imported an RTF file and put it into a field using
>
>   set the RTFText of field "File Text" to url ("file:" & longFileName)
>
> Of course, the text in the field is formatted as in the file that was imported. How can I import the text while stripping away the formatting, which I do not need?
>
> Gregory

Gregory,

Just ‘put’ the text of the field into another field or variable:

  put fld “myRTF” into fld “myText”

Putting text never preserves formatting.

Another trick I’ve learned (unless it’s been changed recently) is that using ‘replace’ on a field strips formatting.

  replace space with space in fld “myRTF”

HTH

Devin

Devin Asay