Best way to check if a Field is a label?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jul 8 10:24:41 EDT 2015

Mike Bonner wrote:

 > I name my fields with a trailing L or F which lets you do the same
 > thing as using a custom prop.

Same here.  The first three letters are "lbl", and if I don't need to
handle them in a resizeStack message that's usually their whole name.
But if I do need to identify them individually, then it's "lbl" & the
short name of whatever field they relate to.

This simple mnemonic convention keeps fields used as labels distinct
from editable fields, even if an editable field may be momentarily
disabled, and also allows for uniquely identifying them if needed for
layout handling.
--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems