livecode forums down ?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Jul 7 17:25:06 EDT 2015

Richard Gaskin <ambassador at ...> writes:

> As I've noted here before, it seems the domain is under DDoS attack.
> The team is aware of it and fighting it as best they can, but the
> problem with a smartly executed DDoS is that it'll use a rented botnet,
> making the traffic practically indistinguishable from legitimate visitors.

Well, normally DDoS attacks would be mitigated at the colo level by someone
like Cloudflare, who would redirect traffic off to a scrubber. And that should
be the end of things. But it seems pretty obvious that runrev has gone with
the lowest-cost option instead and is having to deal on their own with
things like attacks, backups, etc.

OTOH, maybe we've hit the bigtime if someone thinks we're worthy
of that level of attack. Go team!

--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com