including a library in a standalone

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jul 7 00:58:08 EDT 2015

On 7/6/2015 6:14 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:

> Is inserting as a back script there way to go?  And if so, would I be
> better off doing the same in the IDE rather than as a library?

Unless something has changed since I last heard, the only difference
between "start using" and "insert <script> into back" is the position in
the backscripts layering. A stack in use is inserted before the Home
script in the IDE (for HC compatibility,) whereas a backscript comes
after the Home script. In a standalone, the first mainstack opened is
"home" and I assume the layering will be the same there.

In general, unless you have same-named handlers in the home stack,
backscripts and stacks in use are pretty much interchangeable.

I've never had a substack fail to be found so I'm not sure why yours
aren't. But try "start using" and see if that makes a difference.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com