where does "startup" message go when in IDE

Randy Hengst iowahengst at mac.com
Sun Jul 5 12:57:26 EDT 2015

I’m happy to be wrong on this, but it’s my understanding that startUp is only seen by a standalone… and that "Handle the startup message <applewebdata://77C7FDE9-8161-4549-92CB-9651D225E54F/dictionary/keyword/1549.xml> if you want to do initialization or other tasks when the application <applewebdata://77C7FDE9-8161-4549-92CB-9651D225E54F/glossary/a/23.xml>” in the dictionary is literal.

I’m currently just building for iOS… so, I place the startUp handler in the stack script and include the ‘mobile’ only things like:
  iphoneSetAllowedOrientations "landscape left,landscape right"

  Or, when I load sounds (thank you Scott Rossi) as the app opens:

   put specialFolderPath("engine") &"/"& "tm_btn_eletro_23.wav" into gNumberButtonSound
   mobileSetSoundChannelVolume "Ch1","0" -- sets the volume to mute
   mobilePlaySoundOnChannel gNumberButtonSound, "Ch1","now"

My projects are only one stack… so, if I put dispatch in the openStack handler, it sees the startUp handler and throws an error:

on openStack
   dispatch "startUp"
end openStack

be well,