Problem with arrayDecode

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 04:46:36 EDT 2015

I am having problems with encoding and decoding an array when I save the encoded data to a file and read it back. Here is a simple LiveCode Server script that shows the issue:

	#coding:utf-8

	set the outputLineEndings to “lf”					# OS X
	set the outputTextEncoding to “utf8”				# OS X

	put "data.db" into preferences["database”]
	put arrayEncode(preferences) into URL “file:temp.txt"
	put URL "file:temp.txt" into encodedPrefs
	if encodedPrefs is not empty then
		put arrayDecode(encodedPrefs) into prefs
		put "The decoded data contains:" && prefs["database"] & return
	end if

	put "data2.db" into preferences["database”]
	put arrayEncode(preferences) into encodedPrefs
	put arrayDecode(encodedPrefs) into prefs
	put "The decoded data contains:" && prefs["database"] & return

This is what the script outputs:

peter$ test/test.lc
The decoded data contains:
The decoded data contains: data2.db
peter$

Any suggestions to what I’m getting wrong or is it a bug?

Regards

Peter