Combo Box Display Oddity

Paul Hibbert paul at livecode.org
Thu Jul 2 20:22:14 EDT 2015

Just tried on LC 6.7.6 and OS X 10.10.4 and with a little deeper testing I now see what you mean.

Originally I placed a Combo Box Button over an orange coloured graphic and the ‘Box’ part stayed white while the ‘Tip’ went partially transparent when disabled, that didn’t look too bad, but, now I just tried applying a green colour to the card and even though the Combo Box Button was over the top of the orange graphic, the text area now takes on the green colour of the card when it is disabled, that does look odd.

On the plus side, if you apply a white fill colour to the Combo Box Button the problem goes away.

I’m not too sure LC will see it as a bug, but I think it is, it also happens in LC 7.0.6 (rc3), so it’s worth reporting, if you don’t want to, just let me know and I’ll upload my test stack.

Paul