menu buttons and showname

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Jul 2 12:58:21 EDT 2015

Often, this type of control has a call to action such as "Choose an item",
as opposed an indication "No selection".  It depends on the context of
your control.  If a selection is required in your set up, the call to
action is more communicative. Otherwise, if "No selection" is a valid
selection then that type of message should work.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX/UI Design