Revmail problems on Windows 8

David V Glasgow dvglasgow at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 08:16:45 EDT 2015

I originally sent this a couple of days ago, but it has never appeared on the list.  Apologies if it ends up a double post….

Based on the advice received when I posted this issue, I checked the result immediately after the revmail line was executed.

Interestingly, the result-put line was not executed where revmail failed.  Where it succeeded, in dev and on mac it was executed and the result was empty.  So it seems clear there is a problem, but sadly I have no specific error to report because when it arises, the script terminates.

The good news is that using the launch url workaround recommended by Richard (below) worked fine.  So anyone encountering the same issue can take this route.  Thanks Richard.

Why Revmail should fail in the way I have described is beyond me.  Maybe brighter coders can take it from here.

> On 21 Jun 2015, at 3:15 pm, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com <mailto:ambassador at fourthworld.com>> wrote:
>
> One simple workaround is to just use "mailto:" directly with "launch url:", e.g.:
>
>   put "someaddy at somedomain.com <mailto:someaddy at somedomain.com>" into tAddress
>   put "Some Subject Line" into tSubject
>   put "This is the body of the email" into tBody
>   put "mailto:"& tAddress &"?subject="& tSubject &"&body="& tBody \
>       into tURL
>  launch url tURL

Best Wishes,

David Glasgow