Control Shift Graphic Bug Possible Cause

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Jan 29 16:21:10 EST 2015

Okay I believe I have isolated the cause of my graphical display bug. When I go to another card in the stack, for some reason the card resizes. I know this because when I go back, the original card is smaller than it was when I left it and not all the objects fit.

I believe that this resizing is what is causing the “shifting” of objects. I’m pretty sure I know what is causing this too. I have a menu on the first card and not on the second. On the Mac, having a menu set as the system menu causes all the objects on the card to shift up the size of the menu group.

It’s been discussed before, but it is really distracting. Instead changing the size of the card to hide the menu group, the group should just be hidden. Now with the new graphics engine I believe this “shifting” of objects because of the presence or absence of a system menu object is at the heart of the problem.

Fortunately I found a workaround. I set the min and max heights of the stack to the current size of the stack so that the engine will not resize the window when switching from card to card. I will submit another bug report when I have a chance.

Bob S