ISO 8601 date to seconds

Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Wed Jan 28 21:12:21 EST 2015

We have had a feature request in to include the ISO 8601 date in the
engine for 8 years (entered into the Quality Control system in 2007)

But, sadly it is not happening. I have to deal with a lot date/time
based algorithms on CentoOS/Word Press (and other similar frameworks)
where "the Date" is usually output liked this, with no timezone code

2000-02-17T22:13:21-05

As anyone written a script to convert this to seconds? I need to compare such a date with the time right now in LiveCode(server) and the only way is via seconds.

Swasti Astu, Be Well!
Brahmanathaswami

Kauai's Hindu Monastery
www.HimalayanAcademy.com