32 and 64 bit in LiveCode

Alain Vezina alain.vezina at logilangue.com
Wed Jan 28 10:24:57 EST 2015

Hi all,

Yesterday I loaded an upgrade of one of my iOS apps to the Apple App Store and I received this message

 Beginning on February 1, 2015 new iOS apps submitted to the App Store must include 64-bit support and be built with the iOS 8 SDK. Beginning June 1, 2015 app updates will also need to follow the same requirements. To enable 64-bit in your project, we recommend using the default Xcode build setting of “Standard architectures” to build a single binary with both 32-bit and 64-bit code.

I am wondering  when LiveCode will include the 64-bit support for iOS.

I am so disappointed of the LC 7.0.1 with iOS 8 (slow with the splahscreen , crashes, the command type no longer working, and so on) that I am not sure I will continue coding with LiveCode although I am coding with LC for more than 10 years. I waited six months to get a more powerful version of LC and I think I can’t make the users of my apps wait for so long time before they get a new version from me. LiveCode was wonderful before.

Alain Vezina
Logilangue
www.logilangue.com