Unicode

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sun Jan 25 17:45:56 EST 2015

Is there a lesson/guide anywhere that shows how to use unicode in LC 7?

All I need to do is SELECT data from an UTF8 encoded SQLite
database/display it in fields/datagrid and read input from fields/
INSERT/UPDATE it to the database.

I've got things working using unicodeText/uniencode/unidecode in LC 6.6 but
wondering how things work in 7.  Or even if it's worthwhile even using LC 7
for something as simple as this.

The LC7 release notes document all the new properties/commands but don't
have any examples for straightforward use.  Am I right in thinking that I
don't need to use unicodeText/uniencode/unidecode in LC7 to do the above
tasks?  Just simple put into field/put field into var is all I need?

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>