Duplicate simultaneous calls to same handler

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jan 22 22:26:16 EST 2015

Suppose I have a long handler that includes a few "wait with messages"
so that users can continue interacting with the stack while it runs. The
user does something that calls the long handler while it is still
running from a previous instance. Assume there is no flag in the script
to prevent that.

Does the engine queue the second call until the long handler finishes,
and then send the message from the second call (serial responses)?

Or does the engine run two instances of the long handler simultaneously?
If so, what happens to the values of the variables?

Or something else?

I've never allowed this to happen before but I find myself in a position
where simultaneous calls would be the best way to handle things.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com