[Probably OT] Strange loss of ability to do SSL (through curl)

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 18:07:41 EST 2015

I've never done it, but think i've seen that you can get around issues with
ssl stuff by setting liburlsslverification to false.  If I understand
correctly (always in doubt) you'll still end up with an ssl connection, but
if the cert is expired, or off domain or something of that nature, the
connection will still work since verification is ignored.

No clue about the security risks of this, though if you control both ends
of the connect its probably fine.  If its NOT fine, you have more things to
worry about than just the ssl.