A Got-Ya

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 13:35:53 EST 2015

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 6:00 PM, Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com> wrote:

> doesn't the presence of "the" and "of <objectreference>" indicate that
> the reference is to a (custom) property not a variable

You can store the name of a custom property in a variable, even one with
the same name as some other custom property. So there's no question that
you're accessing a custom property, because of the "the" as you say, but
here the issue was over which custom property was being returned.

I'm saying that since it's legitimate and useful to be able to do this,
there's no good way for the compiler to realize when you're doing it by
mistake.