How to access a file on a remote computer

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Jan 20 15:30:29 EST 2015

This is pretty standard for POSIX permissions. Even though a containing folder can have the appropriate permissions, the owner of the file is still the one who created it. In order to properly ensure your cohorts can read and write to every file in a share, you need to create a user with the same user name and password and then apply read write permissions for that user to the shared folder in the sharing tab of the system settings. It’s actually not that different than Windows peer to peer permissions.

The proper way to do this is to put the shared data in the Public folder. This will get you around all the sandboxing issues you may encounter accessing folders in another users profile.

Bob S