more compound mysql command woes

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 20:00:38 EST 2015

I've happily found that with my new internet service, I can do simple mysql
transactions with my hosted service (not my ISP) in about 30 ms.

So I set out to again use it as a server with my software.

I now have less hair.

Using a separate transaction for each line is simply not within the realm
of the possible; opening a client instance has a few hundred lines in a
single transaction.

My transactions work fine with postgres (both local and remote) and SQLite.

I just cannot get multiple lines to  work.  I've tried both
revDataFromQuery and   revExecuteSQL.  I've tried with and without
semicolons at the end of lines (which are needed for postgres & SQLite).
I've tried with and without BEGIN/COMMIT.

An example block is:
BEGIN ;
CREATE TABLE dhdbt_dragon_puff_the__001  (unqKy INT NOT NULL, ktyp
CHAR(1),  kywd VARCHAR(50) UNIQUE, usr VARCHAR(20),scr TEXT, dltd BOOLEAN,
cmd TEXT, PRIMARY KEY (unqKy));
INSERT INTO dhdbt_dragon_puff_the__001(kywd, ktyp, cmd) VALUES ('ckDinfo',
'M',  '100000a');
COMMIT;

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.