Image caching not releasing images in 7.0.7 (rc2)

Richard Maring maring.richard at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 14:38:24 EST 2015

Hi,

The following is built on Windows 8.

I have a referenced image in an image holder that the user can click a
'Delete' button that deletes the image from the hard drive.  The user can
then click a button to select a different image from their hard drive to
display in the same image holder.

The app takes the new image and scales it down and renames it to the same
name as the previous image.

When the new image is brought in the old image is the one displayed, even
though the image source points to the newly created image.

Obviously the new image cache is not releasing the old image and is
displaying the prior cached image.  I have searched for any answers and the
only thing I could find was from may of 2014.  The answer back then was to
set the source of the image to something bogus and then set it to the newly
created image.

This does not work in LC 7.0.1   I have tried everything I can think of,
including deleting the image holder and creating a new on on the fly.  As
long as the new file-name matches the old cached one, the cache won't
release the old one.  You literally have to exit the app and come back in
for this to change.

It would seem there would have to be a way to clear the image cache or to
tell LC NOT to cash the image in the first place.

Any thoughts or ideas would be immensely appreciated.

Rich