new stack script comparison plugin on RevOnline

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Fri Jan 16 15:48:33 EST 2015

Hi folks,

Recently I built a plugin that helped me stop beating my head against
the wall quite so often. It lets me compare the script of a stack I'm
editing to a copy on disk, and yields 100% accurate results in a very
usable format. I just uploaded it to RevOnline. Here is the write-up:

-----
Compare your in-memory stack script to a copy on disk

This Mac-only LiveCode plugin quickly answers those nagging questions we
frequently ask ourselves:   "Did I make any changes I want to save?"
"What did I actually change?"

If you use TextWrangler, you may have discovered its wonderful ability
to "Find differences" between two files. TextWrangler has optional
command-line tools you can install, one of which is runs "Find
differences". At first use, this "Compare Stack Scripts" plugin guides
you through the download and installation of TextWrangler command line
tools (if you don't have them installed already). Then you can start
comparing stack scripts and find every difference between them.

Compare Stack Scripts was saved in stackFileVersion 2.7. It was tested
on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and on 10.9.5 Server.

-----

Enjoy! And if it for some reason it doesn't find the needed command-line
tool after you've installed it, feel free to let me know.

--
Phil Davis