Storing and saving a setting in a stand alone

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jan 16 10:08:03 EST 2015

Kay C Lan wrote:

> This problem comes up when those new to programming and/or LC follow an
> example How-To that doesn't work for all platforms and/or goes against OS
> guidelines. Saving User Data is a basic app requirement, the example given
> should work on ALL platforms.
>
> IMO if the How-To example used one of the many other options, but one that
> works on ALL platforms, then we'd get less 'How do I save User Data
> questions'. Certainly less than 'How do I save my App and User Data in a
> single location and still have it work'.

I'd like to flag that for revision once the new Community Documentation
Team starts their work - can you tell me where I can find it?  Is it in
the User Guide or somewhere else?

while we're at it, it may be good to expand that from a simple old-world
HC-style save-the-data-in-the-UI example into something more modern that
factors UI from data.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  LiveCode Community Manager