URL affected by default browser?

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Thu Jan 15 18:16:56 EST 2015

Is the URL keyword affected by the default browser?  It seems that if I do
a put url, the result is directly dependent upon the default browser
selected by the user.  So, for instance, on Windows, with IE as the
default, if the URL pointed to an invalid page, I would get an empty
result, but if I switched the default browser to Chrome, I would get a
bracketed error message.

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."