Which version...

Dave Kilroy dave at applicationinsight.com
Thu Jan 15 05:37:28 EST 2015

As far as I know (which isn't saying much):

LC 6.6.x = maintenance of 'old generation' versions (e.g. carbon)
LC 6.7.x = 'new generation' stuff like cocoa, excluding UniCode
LC 7.x.x = all 'new generation' stuff, including Unicode

LC 6.6 is for working on legacy stacks
LC 6.7 is for those wanting 'new generation' features but who don't want
UniCode
LC 7 is the future and the base on which they are building LC 8 (and
presumabely HTML5 too)

So - as to which version you should use - depends on what you're working on!

If you are close to releasing an app and don't need 'new generation'
features then probably you are best with 6.6.x

If you don't expect to release you app very soon and think that 'new
generation' bugs are both necessary in your app likely to have been ironed
out by the time you launch your app then I would say go with 7.x.x

Unless there is some reason why you don't want the new way LC supports
UniCode, in which case go with 6.7.x

Dave

-----
"Some are born coders, some achieve coding, and some have coding thrust upon them." - William Shakespeare & Hugh Senior