LiveCode 6 and making standalone

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jan 14 12:20:56 EST 2015

On 1/14/2015 3:19 AM, René Micout wrote:

>> Le 13 janv. 2015 à 18:07, René Micout <rene.micout at numericable.com> a écrit :
>>
>> Hello everybody,
>> Macintosh Yosemite.
>> When I construct a standalone with LiveCode 6, I choose “Move substacks into individual stackfiles” (for saving data in substack)
>> this works with LC 6.6.3 > In the /Contents/MacOS/ of my application (ctrl + clic) I have 1 file (exec) + several stacks (substacks)
>> but when I do the same thing with LC 6.6.4, 6.6.5, 6.7, 6.7.1 (rc 4) I have only 1 file (exec) and my application cannot save any data.
>> Why ?
>
> I finally found my stack files : /Contents/Resources/_MacOS/…
> But my application don’t works correctly. It went crazy…
> It is the same stack, but after “standaloned” it is another application.

LC 6.7 changed where it stores files (as you know) because Apple has new
rules about that. The release notes say that file paths in scripts
should automatically translate to the new location without any changes,
but yesterday I found that doesn't seem to work.

Do you want to submit a bug report, or would you like me to do it?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com