Fields Have Labels

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jan 12 14:55:04 EST 2015

On 1/12/2015 12:32 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> I believe the attraction to auto-created labels is the time savings at
> the moment of creation.  To me this seems more of an opportunity for a
> creation tool than the need to modify the innards of the engine to
> invent a new class of sub-objects.

I have to agree. The complexity of adding a new property outweighs the
small effort to create a separate field and will be less flexible.
There's already a plugin called FieldsCreator available somewhere that
creates field/label pairs but I've lost where I found it.

> Rather than a request for the RQCC, why not just build it as a v8 widget?

Just what I was thinking. The ability to create pseudo-independent
controls as groups exists already and will improve by v8.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com