Fields Have Labels

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Sun Jan 11 22:24:13 EST 2015

Jim.

But how is this different from (or better than) a custom property, that contains any or all of those other values as an array or list? In other words, the "label" property has immense value in, say, a button, where the "shown" name may be separate from the actual button name. This extra layer of reference is very useful, but is based on the ability to display that different text apart from the name. After all, in a button, if the label is left blank, the shown name is the actual name of the button.

How can a field use this extra layer in a way that enhances its existence, since there is no way, no place, to display that extra information?

Craig