[OT] Slow performance under Yosemite

John Miskimins John at onechip.com
Sun Jan 11 16:29:39 EST 2015

This isn’t a LiveCode issue, but I thought it might effect others on the list.  After updating my Mac to Yosemite,it slowed down noticeably and became frustrating to use.  Granted my Mac is a bit long in the tooth (late 2009 27 inch iMac - lots of RAM and SSD with a second 2560X1440 monitor), but it has run really well up to now.  I tried everything I could find online (repairing the HD, PRAM reset, etc.) to no avail.  As turn out, the default in Yosemite is to treat the second monitor as a new “space”. This was the issue.  Using the Mission Control panel in System Preferences, I unticked “Displays have separate Spaces” and, after a restart for it to take effect, my computer is once again snappy.

Thanks,
John