How buggy is 7.0.1?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Sat Jan 10 08:06:43 EST 2015

I’ve been kind of following “Can’t Move Backward" conversation, and I have to say that the app I’m working on seems to be fine in 7.0.1. I have generated standalones for both Mac and PC that run well and don’t crash. I have found the odd bug, but I really mean ‘odd’ (minus infinity is a number, anyone?). Although the program has quite a few stacks and palettes, low thousands of lines of code and a certain amount of Unicode manipulation, it clearly isn’t putting a strain on 7.0.1.

IMHO it would be nice to take a straw poll of the experience of listers, to get an idea if the general experience is as extreme as Ray’s and the other people currently having big trouble with this version, and whether a lot of people are simply sticking with earlier versions. I think the mother ship would be interested in this too.

Graham

[…]