Licensing

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Jan 7 23:17:34 EST 2015

Kevin-

> It is worth pointing out that the step here, not possible in these other
> tools, involved assigning that plugin a different license using the
> Commercial edition of the software. If you are purely in the Community
> ecosystem and want to release a plugin, widget or library, that does have
> to be GPL (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLAndPlugins)

It took me a couple of iterations through your previous email before I
got that point. That's an interesting distinction, and one that didn't
occur to me. However, I'm not sure the linked article section is
really relevant. While it's true that LC doesn't fork or exec plugin
stacks, I don't think the next clause about dynamically linking
applies either. That's more applicable to binary executables that link
to binary external libraries. I would hesitate to say that this section
applies to scripting languages.

--
-Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not
consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any
related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting,
disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received
this communication in error, please delete it immediately.