mobile input field

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Wed Jan 7 18:53:28 EST 2015

Hi Eric,

Users may type anything they want into a field, and it is up to
the programmer to make sure that the type of data is accepted
(or valid) if possible.  Use a text field for the input, and
then process the text to see if it is valid numeric data.  If so, you
are good, if not, you have to tell them they didn’t enter numeric
data and to try again.

The only other way I can think of is you would have to make up
some other kind of control similar to a date picker where only
numeric values can be scrolled to and selected by clicking on them,
kind of like making your own keypad control.

So the answer to your question is most probably no.

Cheers and good luck!

Rick