Snapshot working poorly in Windows, crappy results

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Wed Jan 7 17:51:26 EST 2015

Folks:
As I go on my journey of getting my OS X app in livecode working on Windows, I am coming across some really crappy behavior. I’m using livecode 7.0.1.

The latest on is:
snapshot give terrible results. Here is a link to before and after images. The top one is the snapshot and the lower one is the source image.
http://es.earthednet.org/windowsSnapTest <http://es.earthednet.org/windowsSnapTest>

   wait for 0.1 seconds with messages
   export snapshot from rect  snapRect to image "mapSnap"
   wait for 0.1 seconds with messages

This works fine on Mac OSX10.10.1. And I’m running Windows in Parallels 9. Note: I’m not an expert Windows user, so it’s possible something is set wrong in the configuration, but it seems to me that the resulting image should look identical to the one captured.

Regards and thanks in advance for any help.
Bill

William A. Prothero
http://es.earthednet.org/